Monday, October 29, 2007

Nothing wrong with old horses....

Okay so I just thought I would quickly tell u about my lesson the other day. I was doing a jumpng lesson as I have show jumping champs trial comming up, the 1st being on the 13th of november. Well anyway I got Gizmo in and got him all ready and gosh he was in a silly mood that day, not behaving like the other day at all. Well my instructor, Belinda (who is my cousin in-law), kept changing the jump height. The one where the barrels are she put up huge. There was a gap between the barrels and the pole. She even put the other jump up too. Well when she put the barrel jump up it looked HUGE and I didnt wanna do it so Gizi refused. Then i bought him around again and he refused again because I was nervous still. The 3rd time around I was like "we can do this!!" and he jumped it. We jumped it 3 times, clearing it the 1st and 3rd times but knocking it in the 2nd. Before she left she told me that she had put the barrel jump up to the top nail (thats what holds our jumps up) and I was freaking because on the the nail thats 2nd to top it is 1.15m!! Well I measuerd the 2 jumps and the barrel jump was 1.38m!! I jumped almost 1.40m!!! And I cant believe it. My horse is 21 too and we have come so far . The other jump was 1.15m!! So im definately trialling for show jumping champs but i tend to break under pressure. I will keep you updated with posts and pictures of how he trials go. The funny thing is, I've only ever competed Gizmo to a height of 70cm! Thats because at the start of winter thats all I was confident at. I thank him for giving me more confidence and for always trying his hardest. I thank Val too, for giving me this wonderful horse. I promised her one thing when she told me I could have him, and that was that i didnt send him on the dog trucks. Well no way will he ever end up there. Hes way too special. So dont worry Val, im keeping my promise to you and Gizmo.
This just goes to show that......theres nothing wrong with old horses.

No comments: